LNWH Charity means London North West Healthcare Charity, a charity registered under number 1083634 with its registered office at 7th Floor, Admin Block, Northwick Park Hospital, Watford Road, Harrow, HA1 3UJ
'Website' means www.lnwhcharity.org.uk, or any other website under LNWH Charity or control from which a link has been created to these terms and conditions.
'You', 'your' and 'yours' means the person(s) accessing the website.
'We', 'us' and 'our' means LNWH Charity.
'Material' means any information, data, text, graphics, links, programming code or other material published, contained or available on the website.
The website is intended for people accessing it from within the United Kingdom. We cannot guarantee the site or the information it contains complies with or is appropriate for use in other countries.
By using the website you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of the website. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use the website.
You may only use our website for your own personal purposes, and you must not use our website for any other purposes.
Changes to the Terms & Conditions
We reserve the right to change these Terms & Conditions at any time. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by us. Your continued use of the website after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these Terms as updated and/or amended.
Contacting us about the Terms & Conditions
If you are uncertain about anything in these Terms & Conditions please send an email to email@example.com or write to us at 7th Floor, Admin Block, Northwick Park Hospital, Watford Road, Harrow, HA1 3UJ
Material on the website is provided for information purposes only. Whilst every care is taken in compiling the information on the website we do not make any warranties or representations as to its accuracy or reliability. We may make changes to the material on the website at any time without notice.
You may use the Site only for lawful purposes.
You may not use the Site in any way:
- that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors.
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards, described below.
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- to transmit any data, send or upload knowingly any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the Site in contravention of the provisions of the Terms.
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the Site;
- any equipment or network on which the Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of the Site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- Intellectual property rights
The Charity is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in respect of the Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
You must not use any part of the materials on the Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from the Charity or the Charity’s licensors.
If you print off, copy or download any part of the Site in breach of the Terms, your right to use the Site will cease immediately and you must, at the Charity’s option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
Uploading images to the website
You are not allowed to upload images which contain or use any images or other material including text based annotations and comments, which contain any of the following:
- Material which is defamatory of any person.
- Material which is pornographic, obscene, indecent or offensive.
- Material which promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Material that is likely to incite hatred or violence against any person or group.
- Material that is likely to deceive any person.
- Material which concerns or relates to any criminal act.
- Material the use or inclusion of which infringes any copyright, trademark, database or other intellectual property right of any third party.
- Material made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; material which promotes any illegal activity.
- Material which is threatening, abusive or invades another’s privacy, causes annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Material which is likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Material used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Material which gives the impression that it emanates from LNWH Charity, if this is not the case.
- Material that advocates, promotes or assists any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Material that breaches any applicable laws or regulations.
Whilst we try to ensure that the website is normally available 24 hours a day, we shall not be liable if for any reason the website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to the website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
The names, images and logos identifying LNWH Charity or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trademarks of LNWH Charity and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these Terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of LNWH Charity or any other third party.
Contributions to the website
If you do not want to grant to LNWH Charity the rights set out above, please do not submit your contribution to the website.
By submitting your contribution to the website you warrant that your contribution:
- is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to the Website.
- is not defamatory.
- does not infringe any law.
You also agree to:
- indemnify LNWH Charity against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by them as a result of your breaking the above warranty;
- waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the Website; and
- allow LNWH Charity to remove or alter any content that in its absolute discretion it considers to be inappropriate for any reason.
- You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to keep such copies of any material you upload as you may need and that we cannot guarantee that we will retain our own copies of anything you submit.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse the Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site. You must not attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. LNWH Charity will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and the Charity will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Site will cease immediately.
The LNWH Charity will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Limitation of liability
The website is provided to users "as is" and without any warranty (whether express or implied) of fitness for any particular purpose. We make no warranty that the Website will be available uninterrupted or at all. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained from or in relation to the Website will create any warranty not expressly made herein.
In some jurisdictions, limitation or exclusion of liability is only permitted where such limitation is fair and/or reasonable. After considering all matters, users agree that the limitations of liability set out in these Terms & Conditions are fair and reasonable. Any statutory rights users may have under consumer protection legislation remain unaffected.
Privacy and data protection
Photographic images and videos
LNWH Charity ensures that the prior written consent of patients and families whose photographs it has uploaded onto the website has been obtained.
We reserve the right to include content from external sites including but not limited to YouTube and Facebook. We do not control the privacy practices of these other sites. Users of such sites take full responsibility for their own content. We use our reasonable endeavours to protect the interests of the individuals featured in the content on our Website.
If you believe that any image or video is being displayed without consent or for any other reason should be removed you should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at 7th Floor Admin Block, Northwick Park Hospital, Watford Road, Harrow, HA1 3UJ
These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and any dispute arising from these Terms & Conditions or your use of the website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.